Saturday, April 16, 2011

What is a true 'apple pie'???

There are things we can try, but will never succeed...it is a rule of the Universe.
Nothing in the world is better than an apple pie...only my son's hug!!!
I have been around....people try...they put a lot of effort...I even congratulate them, but....
Only in America!!!
Even a simple plain diner pie is better than anywhere else.
I did learn the technique...I know what is required...I can have love for the apples...but I haven´t had ten generations in my family baking them...and that is the difference!!!
Nobody in the world will do 'quindins' like us, in Brazil...as nobody will do sushi and sashimi like in Japan...it needs to penetrate your blood for a few generations.
They are still looking for me!!!
I had at least 20 remarkable, but in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, I had just the best ones in the world!!!  
The dough is laminated and full of flavor...it melts in the mouth and you can see the crumbles in your plate.
The filing is full of juice...the aroma of cinnamon...just the exact cooking to soften and assemble the flavors...I go nuts!!!
It is got to be high...like a big pile of juicy apples sitting there together, waiting for your mouth to feel the trust of the work of nature.
If you are lucky to have right after it’s been baked...you are in trouble.
I had to leave Lancaster because I wanted to marry a married woman.
This is something I cannot understand...I proposed only 12 girls...one was married...what are the odds???
I know my picture is still everywhere in town...but I got a little older and if I ever come back....I will behave....I will just propose a fair number of four ladies...I think these time they will allow me to stay....

No comments:

Post a Comment